About Me

My Photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I hate Facebook



I have recently de-activated my Facebook account.
 I made an impulse decision about a month ago to de-activate my account without telling anyone even my family and closest friends. I just did it for me because I am addicted to the site. I would post endless pictures and comment and stare at everyone's posts. I would see who was doing what with who when and how.....but I was doing none of that. I was sitting on a chair staring into a screen and doing almost nothing. I had to take care of myself I had to de-activate. It had unintended consequences. I thought I was taking care of myself but I hurt people by not sharing what I was doing.
People I love thought I doing something to them, my family and friends were hurt. So that is why I hate Facebook.
I dont have the self control to use the site. Like an alcoholic who can not even take a little sip of wine I as a Facebook addict can not go on the site, ever.
I had to pop in and apologize but I can not go back on ever. I sure hope this Facebook runs its course and dies like myspace did!
Not going on Facebook after spending hours each day on there has not been easy. Many many times I wanted to re-activate my account but then I remember I cant. I am addicted.

Since I de-activated my account I have been thinking, walking, riding, running, cleaning, planning parties, organizing my house, planting my garden and really just have been enjoying my life more.
I stopped comparing myself to everyone, worried why I wasn't invited to the random events I saw photos of, stopped knowing more about people than was necessary. I have to say life is good.
Have you ever considered how Facebook has impacted your life?

No comments: