About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Getting back at it!

Ran yesterday minus the Garmin
Ran the same route today with the Garmin
I went 5 miles but turned off the Garmin when I walked around the pier and up the hill to my house.

Measured 4.43 miles average pace 11.28mins/mile
My heart rate was 130's 6%
                              150's 40%
                              170's 50%
                               180 4%

I have not been running consistently due to left hip pain while training last year for Los Angeles Marathon. I rested enough. I trained for and rode a 60 mile bike ride and I randomly swim laps at the Y but nothing feels better than running. I miss  running. So mentally I am back.

I am going to run again more regularly and incorporate yoga and stretching that I was taught at the physical therapist office. I do not have a specific event that I am training for at the moment.

My current goal is to get back into the habit of running.

No comments: