About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tri to prepare for June

First triathlon is in early June

The idea of open water 1/2 mile swim freaks me out
I swam 750 meters in a calm warm pool this week and had to remember in the ocean in June there are waves currents and biting stinging creatures, I might die.....!

I rode my bike today to Trump golf course and back about 30 miles in about 2 hours. Riding is fun but cars and steep hills scare me. And oh yeah I better learn to fix a flat and pop the chain back on or I might get stranded.

Running is my comfort zone but after a swim and a ride I may have no energy left. So far I have not attempted all three activities in one day I might die.......of laughing at myself!


My ironman boss just did another ironman event today she is amazing and I am lucky to have her as my boss! I plan to ask her many questions about my training plans.


I need to purchase new running shoes and a full Tri wetsuit and I would love a Garmin 910!

No comments: