About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Building a base

Mental toughness
Getting the planned training done no excuses

With a year to train I need to just log the miles and hours in each sport

By December I want to be able to
Swim for an hour
Run for 1.5 hours
Bike for 2 hours

All without blinking


Currently I
-hit the pool and swim 15-30 minutes and get out can't pace myself get tired or bored or annoyed or whatever
-hit the road and run to work every morning 3.3 miles about 40 minutes with a 10 pound backpack
Filled with shower stuff and change of clothes
-hit the road on my bike umm not any habits here need to figure this out I have done one 62 mile hilly ride a few years back and I am so slow so so so so slow my poor husband he stayed with me but when climbing the switchbacks in Palos Verdes and I was going 4mph so slow I almost toppled over


I need to get my head into he bike world
I don't even know how to put air in my tires let alone change a flat or put a popped chain back on I need to become more independent my husband is not going to be with me during my first half Ironman so I need to figure this out maybe join a bike club or take a few classes at a bike shop


MOST IMPORTANTLY I NEED TO GET OUTSIDE IN ALL KINDS OF WEATHER AND TRAIN
ok California really only has hot or foggy




No comments: