About Me

My Photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Sunday, November 24, 2013

First clip-in ride

I rode today with bike shoes that clip into the pedal. I was really nervous because I am a klutz. My sweet husband put his mountain bike pedals on my bike so I could practice clipping in and out. I practiced for about 15 minutes up and downy street then hit the road fora 2 hour ride in congested areas to practice over and over clipping in and out.

I had one close call when I un clipped then while turning I reclipped and was at a dead stop don't know I managed to twist my foot and unclip without flopping over but I did. I had asked my husband to put the tension on the easiest to clip so that saved me from the fall.

Views from my ride today! I love Los Angeles!

Made a big vegetarian lasagne for dinner

Now to think about the week ahead
Monday swim after work
Tuesday run to and from work
Wednesday bike after work
Turkey day run 10K
Black Friday bike and run
Saturday ?
Sunday ?







1 comment:

Beginning Anew said...

Love that you are brave enough to "clip in". Be careful but keep having fun - its inspiring!!