About Me

My photo
exercise is my medicine. I run, swim, and lift weights anything to keep my body in top form. I am an RN, a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I am grateful for my life and each new day. My PRs Los Angeles Marathon (March 22, 2010) - 6:00:03 San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon (June 6, 2010) - 2:47:53 Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K (Feb 2010) - 1:03 Redondo Beach Superbowl 5K (Feb 2009) - 27:31

Sunday, April 27, 2014

160 days until 70.3

It's getting closer
Most of the 70.3 is spent on the bike 56 miles is on the saddle cranking

I need to get more seat time right?

So this weekend I rode in San Louis Obispo the Wildflower ride
There were 3 options on this hilly windy course 50, 70 and 100 and I chose 50
I went with my husband but he is an animal on the bike eats hills for breakfast and he wanted a challenge he rode 70,so I rode alone.

Are you really alone on a sponsored ride? Not really.
The support crew was great! The had cars circling around every 20 minutes I never needed them but it was comforting to know they were around.

The start temperature was a nippy 42 and windy I was frozen! The hills warmed me up though there were plenty of hills.

Around mile 40 I meet up with a new friend I had ridden with once around the hills of Palos Verdes so we commiserated and chatted and the last 10 miles flew by, she is my new best friend bike riding companion!

I completed 50 hilly windy windy ride .......did I mention the wind?
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KSBP/2013/4/26/MonthlyHistory.html






In 5 hours.....now how will I ever do a swim, ride and the run a half marathon all in a day.....? I am not sure!

But I am going to keep trying to figure this out!



Today after a relaxing drive home I swam 1225 yds in 30 minutes I better run tomorrow after work

My second attempt at Redondo Beach Sprint Tri is June 8......wait to read the race report and that also means Ocean swim workout season has officially begun. Seal and sharks be warned triathlon season is underway!

No comments: